At a Glance
Kaman Aerospace serves customers around the world producing high quality components and providing design and engineering services. Kaman designs and builds flight-critical components, structures and systems including proprietary aircraft bearings, complex metallic and composite structures for commercial and military aircraft, and missile and bomb fuzing systems for the U.S. and allied militaries.
Highlights of 2013:
- Revenues increased 5.7% to $614.0 million
- Operating income rose 15.1% to $102.6 million
- Operating margins rose to 16.7% in 2013, up from 15.3% in 2012
- New programs were added and backlog grew to over $600 million
Kaman Distribution is one of the nation's leading industrial distributors, offering a wide variety of products and related services in three categories; bearings and mechanical power transmission; fluid power; and automation, control and energy.
Highlights of 2013:
- Revenues increased 5.5% to $1.07 billion
- We expanded our Parker relationship by acquiring Western Fluid Components, Inc., and Northwest Hose and Fittings, Inc.
- We acquired Ohio Gear & Transmission
- We began our national distribution agreement with Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management
- National distributor agreement with Schneider
- $35.5 million Joint Programmable Fuze order
- Strategic alliance between Kaman Industrial Technologies and Wajax Industrial Components
- Scott E. Kuechle appointed to the Board of Directors
- Unmanned K-MAX® awarded Aviation Week Laureate Award for outstanding achievement in operations and technical advancement
- Kaman Industrial Technologies named a Berry Plastics Corporation "Supplier of the Year"
- Kaman Engineering Services presented with a Boeing "Supplier of the Year"
- Kaman entered into a contract with the New Zealand Ministry of Defence for purchase of ten Kaman SH-2G(I) Super Seasprite Aircraft
- Acquisition of Parker Distributor Northwest Hose & Fittings announced
- Statement of support for the National Guard and Reserve signed by Kaman Corporation
- Kaman Aerospace selected to supply fixed leading edge assemblies for Bombardier Global 7000 and Global 8000 aircraft programs
- Kaman announced at the Paris Air Show the construction of a new bearing manufacturing facility in Höchstadt, Germany
- Kaman signs agreement to acquire Ohio Gear & Transmission
- Robert D. Starr appointed Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- $78.5 million Joint Programmable Fuze contract with the U.S. Air Force
- Agreement signed to acquire Parker Distributor Western Fluid Components
- Distribution sales reached a quarterly record of $273 million
- Kaman Aerospace delivered its 1,000th BLACK HAWK cockpit to Sikorsky marking almost $500 million in revenue since program inception
- Kaman finalized delivery of its first AH-1Z cabin to Bell Helicopter marking a significant milestone for an important new program
- New agreement with Boeing for manufacture and assembly of 747-8 wing-to-body fairing
- Kaman Industrial Technologies launches new fluid power catalog
- Electric vehicle charging stations installed at three company locations to promote environmental sustainability