Kaman Fuzing and Precision Products Supply Chain Management supports four major product segments; Fuzing, Measuring, Memory and Electro-Optic Systems. The following pages offer important information for current suppliers as well as useful information for prospective suppliers.
- Our Supply Chain Management Group Vision Statement
- We will seek to continually improve ourselves, refine our processes and arrive at a state where continuous improvement is the norm. Opportunities will be indentified and solutions will be found.
- We will operate in an environment of open communication, cooperation, teamwork, empowerment, and promoting the highest of ethical standards.
- Kaman Precision Products Supply Chain Management organization is comprised of a committed staff of procurement professionals dedicated to the challenge of becoming BEST IN CLASS in the performance of their responsibilities.
- Our emphasis is to seek the experience and knowledge of our suppliers to develop common goals in order to achieve total customer satisfaction.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products provides a wide variety of products and services to the defense and industrial markets. We and our customers have very high expectations of our suppliers that include the critical requirements listed below.
From time to time in the course of executing our Purchase Orders, you may have need for various documents from us. The following links provide access to the most often requested forms and documents.
- Supplier Quality Requirements
- Supplier Quality Requirements Manual (SQRM)
- Supplier Request for Variation
- Supplier Quality Questionnaire
- QAF06-18A1 FAI Form 1
- QAF06-18B1 FAI Form 2
- QAF06-18C1 FAI Form 3
- Outside Processing Approved Suppliers
- Purchasing Terms and Conditions
Our Supply Management Team is open to potential new sources whom have shown a demonstrated commitment to Lean Management and highest levels of integrity with excellent quality and delivery performance. If you are interested in becoming part of our Supply Chain Team it is recommended that you review our Terms and Conditions, Supplier Quality Requirements Manual (SQRM), complete the Quality Questionnaire, and submit it along with any third party certifications to either of our Purchasing Managers in either of the Connecticut or Florida facilities for more information.
Critical Supplier Requirements:
- Kaman must be notified of ALL supplier facility, process changes, personnel, material, and plant relocations. Such changes may result in product re-qualification.
- Suppliers who perform a process such as welding, heat treating, brazing, plating, soldering, anodizing, painting, non-destructive testing, etc. shall be Kaman approved or listed on the Kaman “Qualified Process Supplier List” when specified on a Purchase Order, prior to the manufacture and/or processing of the articles defined in the purchase order. Customer approval may also be required.
- During the performance of a purchase order, the suppliers quality system, inspection system and manufacturing processes are subject to review, verification and analysis by Kaman, Kaman customer representatives and Government representatives as applicable. The suppliers Quality System must be in compliance with the Kaman Precision Products Supplier Quality Requirements Manual, (SQRM) which is based on ISO format. Independent third party certifications, (ISO, AS9100, NADCAP) is strongly recommended and encouraged.
- Suppliers are not allowed to purchase any product from non-authorized or non franchised (Broker) factory suppliers without approval from KPP/KPPI. Depending on the program requirements this may also require approval of the Kaman customer.
- Suppliers are responsible to manage all part obsolescence issues. KPP/KPPI must be notified of any part obsolescence related to any parts being procured by Kaman, as well as a mitigation plan for the replacement part.
- Suppliers must obtain, Certification of Conformance for their purchased materials that are included in KPP Fuze/Memory and Fuze deliverable products and have a validation plan to ensure accuracy. Overhead procurements are not applicable.
- KPP has maintained a goal of supporting an active Continuous Improvement Program incorporating the principles of Lean Manufacturing. KPP is available to review and discuss supplier requirements.
- Suppliers must provide defect free products with exceptional reliability, and always delivered on time to satisfy customer requirements.
It is the policy of Kaman Precision Products that small, small disadvantaged and women-owned business concerns, HUBZone Businesses, service-disabled veteran and veteran-owned small businesses, black colleges, universities and minority institutions, national industries for the blind and national industries for the severely handicapped will have an equitable opportunity to compete for subcontracts, particularly by arranging solicitation, time for preparation of bids, quantities, specifications, and delivery schedules so as to facilitate the participation of such businesses.
Kaman Precision Products
Attn: Purchasing Manager
217 Smith Street
Middletown, Connecticut 06457
Kaman Precision Products, Inc.
Attn: Purchasing Manager
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Orlando, Florida 32807